Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's my Birthday! Cake for you! Guest post

Hey all! Since today is my birthday I got you all a little something! Marina from Energizer Bunnies Mommy Reports Is here today to share a yummy recipe! Marina is an awesome member of BloggerPR with me and I'm so looking forward to trying this cake!

I've tried several carrot cakes but this has to be my favorite and Hubs favorite too. I halved the recipe as I didn't know how yummy the final outcome would be. The next time round I'm going to make sure I stick to the original quantities. We don't have any cake left even though it was only baked 2 nights ago!   Oh yes, those pecans definitely add richness to every moist, delicious bite! .
Delicious Carrot Pecan Cake
Recipe Type: Dessert
Author: Tammy Elliott-All Recipes
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
Serves: 18
Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups grated carrots
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
  2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
  4. To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans. Frost the cooled cake.
...
..

3 comments:

Krystle said...

My grandparent's don't really like traditional birthday cake. This would be such a great recipe for them for any occasion. Thanks for sharing!!

Gena @ Life With Captain Fussybuckets said...

oh my goodness this looks delicious! Pinning it now!

AmberFaith said...

Mmm, looks and sounds delicious!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin